onsdag 5 januari 2011

Car Journal, why does it not do xxx?

I've gotten a number of emails regarding Car Journal, where people are asking why it can't create reports, why it doesn't allow for more than one odometer etc. The answer is simple: Providing for everyone's preferences would be near impossible; so even if a simple listview can present the entire contents if desired, basically the app only takes input from the user and allows this to be exported to a .csv file. This file can then be analyzed in, for example Microsoft Excel, where the possibilities of customizing an analysis are almost endless.

One question I got was this: I use the same car both privately and in my work, how do I keep the information separate?

My suggestion is that you (in this case) use "Description" field to input "work" or "private", and then this could be used in the logic of your analysis. That is, if your'e trying to put together a report for work expenditures, only include the records where Description = "work". You catch my drift...

I also have had a number of emails asking for the use of GPS for calculating the mileage automatically, which is a great idea. I've added that to the application wishlist.

/Patrik

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar